Potential location: Adult/Pediatrics department, Downtown Los Angeles; Lynwood clinic
Eisner Pediatric & Family Medical Center, a non-profit community health center with low physician turnover based in downtown Los Angeles seeks a mission-driven, Spanish-speaking Med/Peds physician with a passion for public service to join our organization.
The ideal candidate will be board certified/eligible in Internal Medicine/Pediatrics. They will collaborate with other clinicians in providing comprehensive care and be supported by a full complement of ancillary services, including Case Management, Behavioral Health, Pharmacy and Dental Services.
This is an outpatient-only position, supporting Family Practice physicians and mid-level providers in caring for a primarily underserved, mostly immigrant population, with an option to provide in-patient, newborn care if desired. Familiarity with NextGen EHR a plus.
The position can be part-time or full-time, with competitive salary & benefits and student loan-repayment potential.
The following are the job duties of the position:
· Assesses patient health by interviewing patients, performing physical examinations, obtaining, updating, and analyzing lab and other diagnostic results, and prescribes treatment in order to provide care for acute and chronic conditions as well as preventive health services.
· Instructs and counsels patients as appropriate.
· Documents patient care services by charting in EHR.
· Works collaboratively with other members of the patient care team.
· CPR certified.
· Spanish language proficiency preferred.