Nurse Practitioner Adults, Pediatrics and/or Family
Eisner Pediatric & Family Medical Center (EPFMC) is a quality-focused, non-profit community health center dedicated to improving the physical, social and emotional well-being of people in the communities we serve, regardless of income. Founded in 1920, EPFMC provides a medical home to over 34,000 patients annually.
EPFMC is growing! We are excited to announce career opportunities for Nurse Practitioners who specialize in Adults, Pediatrics, and Family Practice. This is a great opportunity to join a team of physicians and nurse practitioners who are on the front lines of health care. Successful candidates will be responsible for working collaboratively with physicians and other healthcare professionals to provide comprehensive outpatient primary health care to low-income patients. Ancillary support services include case management, dental, pharmacy, and behavioral health. Ideal candidates will possess excellent interpersonal skills allowing them to interact effectively with patients, professionals, and support staff.
EPFMC offers a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Educates and counsels patients to promote positive health behaviors and disease prevention.
- Performs and completes routine physical and follow-up exams.
- Diagnoses and treats acute and chronic medical problems.
- Orders diagnostic tests, x-rays, therapeutic injections and immunizations as determined by the symptoms or illness of the patient.
- Works closely with clinical staff in coordinating and obtaining needed services for patients and families.
- Uses EHR to record all pertinent information regarding patient history, physical diagnoses and treatments accurately.
- Refers patients to specialists in accordance with EPFMC’s referral policy.
- Consults with attending physician as necessary.
- Master's Degree in Advanced Practice Nursing
- Proficiency in English and Spanish highly desirable
- Current NP License required
- Experience in Adult, Pediatrics, or Family Practice
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience strongly preferred
Offers are contingent upon successful clearance of a criminal background check and post-offer physical.