We are currently seeking a Family Practice/Internal Medicine Physician to work with our dynamic Adult Department. The department has an outstanding complement of physicians and mid-levels, ancillary services including integrated behavioral health care and an on-site teaching pharmacy, and a well-designed EHR. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing outpatient primary health care to acute and chronic stable adult patients. Opportunity to provide pediatric services and complete OB care, including prenatal and delivery services, if desired.
The ideal candidate will possess excellent interpersonal skills to interact effectively with professionals, administrative staff, clients and representatives of community agencies. EPFMC offers a flexible schedule, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Educates and counsels patients to promote positive health behaviors and disease prevention.
- Ensures that patients receive quality, timely, professional care services in accordance with Clinic's mission and values
- Performs and completes routine physical and follow-up exams
- Diagnoses and treats acute and chronic medical problems
- Orders diagnostic tests, x-rays, therapeutic injections and immunizations as determined by the symptoms or illness of the patient
- Work closely with clinical staff in coordinating and obtaining needed services for patients and families
- Keeps medical records on and records all pertinent information regarding patient history, physical diagnoses and treatments accurately
- Refers patients to specialists in accordance with EPFMC's referral policy when deemed necessary
- Uses, protects, and discloses EPFMC patients' protected health information (PHI) only in accordance Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by the clinic director.
- Must have a current license to practice medicine in the State of California
- Board certified/Board eligible in Internal Medicine or Family Practice
- Must have a current DEA License
- Must be proficient in Spanish
- Current CPR Certification required
- Must be able to work in interdisciplinary team setting
- Experience in working with Electronic Medical Records, a plus
Location - Los Angeles, California
Offers are contingenet upon successful clearance of a criminal background check and post offer physical.