Family Planning Services for Women
Family planning puts you in charge of how many children you want and when you want to have them. EPFMC offers the following family planning services for you and your partner:
- An annual checkup
- Preconception counseling
- Sexuality education
- Birth control
- Sexually transmitted disease (STD) education and testing
- Infertility counseling
Why Use Family Planning Services?
Family planning services let you get the education, counseling, and treatment you need to make your own choices about how and when to grow your family. With family planning services, you can:
- Prevent unplanned pregnancies.
- Learn about the types, advantages, and risks of available birth control methods.
- Get free birth control.
- Protect yourself against sexually transmitted diseases.
- Take the steps you need to have a healthy baby when you’re ready to conceive.
Your physician will discuss with you your goals for growing or limiting your family size, the options available to you, and the risks and advantages of each. We provide counseling as well as all forms of birth control. Sterilization and vasectomy are options for you and your partner if you don’t want to have any more children.
Who Can Get Family Planning Services for Free?
Family planning services are available to women, men, and teens who are able to get pregnant or impregnate someone. Family PACT is a program that makes these services free to many of our patients. These services may be free to you if:
- You have no medical insurance.
- You can’t get Medi-Cal.
- Your insurance does not cover family planning or birth control.
- You have not met your insurance deductible requirement.
- You have not met your Medi-Cal share-of-cost requirement.
- Your Medi-Cal plan does not cover family planning.
- You need to keep family planning services confidential.
Next: Learn about our services to help you managing chronic diseases.
Get the Facts about Family PACT
|Do I Qualify?
For more information on Family PACT, or to apply, call Maria Reyes at 213-747-5542, ext. 3219.
|Get Family Pact Fact Sheets
Get Fact Sheets on Family PACT and family planning services.