Family Planning for Women
The Women’s Health Center in EPFMC offers family planning services for women. We provide the following services to help you plan your family:
- An annual checkup
- Preconception counseling
- Sexuality education
- Birth control
- Sexually transmitted disease (STD) education and testing
- Infertility counseling
Why Use Family Planning Services?
Family planning services let you get the education, counseling, and treatment you need to make your own choices about how and when to grow your family. With family planning services, you can:
- Prevent unplanned pregnancies.
- Learn about the types, advantages, and risk of birth control methods.
- Get free birth control.
- Protect yourself against sexually transmitted diseases.
- Take the steps you need to have a healthy baby when you’re ready to conceive.
Who Can Get Family Planning Services for Free?
Family planning services are available to women, men, and teens who are able either to get pregnant or make someone pregnant. Family PACT is a program that makes these services free to many low-income patients. These services may be free to you if:
- You have no medical insurance.
- You can’t get Medi-Cal.
- Your insurance does not cover family planning or birth control.
- You have not met your insurance deductible requirement.
- You have not met your Medi-Cal Share of Cost requirement.
- Your Medi-Cal plan does not cover family planning.
- You need to keep family planning services confidential.
For more information on Family PACT, or to apply, call Maria Reyes at 213-747-5542, ext. 3219. Get Fact Sheets on Family PACT and family planning services.